Csaroda is a village in the Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county, in the Vásárosnamény district.
Csaroda and its surroundings were already inhabited before the conquest. His name was first mentioned in written records in 1299. The settlement got its name from the Slavic name of the Feketevíz stream (Csernavoda). In the 13th century it was the property of the Káta clan. The Csernavoda family came from this genus. In the 14th century, it was owned by the Carodai family, which provided the leading officials of Bereg County, and, as was the custom of the age, Bereg County held its county assemblies for a century. In 1446 it was owned by György and Mihály Vetési. From 1461 to 1476 it was owned by the Tegzes, Drágfy, Daróczy and Újhelyi families. In 1696 the last male member of the Csarodai family also died out. At the beginning of the 19th century, the Lónyai, Rédey and Bay families also owned the settlement and its neighborhood. In 1851, the Count Teleky family also became one of its owners.